Donald P. Gagliardi
Donald P. Gagliardi's current practice focuses on Corporate and Construction Law. Mr. Gagliardi has been in practice for over 25 years and has a wide range of experience in a variety of practice areas, including commercial and intellectual property law. He has handled numerous trials and arbitrations. He has several times been named a Northern California "Super Lawyer." Some representative case highlights:
- Won jury verdict, upheld on appeal, defending construction defect trial involving security system installed at
- Oakland Airport, including obtaining award of attorneys' fees.
- Won jury verdict on real estate investment dispute in Sacramento Superior Court.
- Won dismissal, upheld on appeal, of fraud suit against internet search engine firm.
- Won summary judgment for airplane manufacturer in wrongful death product liability suit in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Won dismissal of securities fraud suit in favor of franchisor in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Won dismissal of copyright infringement suit in federal district court in Spokane, Washington.
- Successfully arbitrated several business disputes with JAMS and AAA.
- Successfully settled sizable product defect suit on behalf of computer chip assembly firm.
- Represented technology executive in avoiding SEC prosecution for alleged stock option backdating.
Before joining Sellar Hazard & Lucia, he was a shareholder at Robinson & Wood, Inc. and a partner at Bergeson, LLP. Early in his career, he was an associate at Steefel Levitt & Weiss and served as a law clerk for U.S. District Judge John T. Elfvin and U.S. Magistrate Edward A. Infante.
- J.D. from Stanford Law School
- B.A. from Washington University
- Corporate and Construction Law
- Commercial and Intellectual Property Law
- Trials and Arbitrations