Brent F. Basilico
Brent F. Basilico focuses his practice on construction defect defense, creditor bankruptcy, business litigation and transactions, tax litigation (representing clients in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board), estate planning, probate, adoption, and the defense of California licensed professionals before administrative agencies. Mr. Basilico primarily represents large to medium size construction companies, developers, manufacturers, service organizations, financial institutions, and individuals.
Mr. Basilico is experienced in all aspects of civil litigation, bankruptcy, and administrative hearing practice. He has served as first and second chair counsel in numerous court and jury trials, with very favorable results for his clients. Mr. Basilico has successfully represented numerous developers, general contractors, and subcontractors in complex multi-party litigation involving commercial and residential construction projects. Mr. Basilico has primarily represented clients in the Superior Court of California, Counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Orange, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Solano; and before the California Department of Consumer Affairs. He has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in bankruptcy adversary proceedings and numerous creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California. Mr. Basilico is also admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court, and he has argued before the Court of Appeal of the State of California, Second Appellate District.
- A.S., Aircraft Accessory Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- M.B.A., National University, San Diego, California
- J.D., Quinnipiac University, School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- LL.M. (Taxation), Golden Gate University, School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- Business Litigation and Transactions
- Tax Litigation and Planning
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Special Education Law