Christopher K. Karic
Christopher K. Karic is a Partner with the law firm of Sellar Hazard & Lucia, Inc
Christopher K. Karic's practice is devoted to the representation of clients in construction, commercial and real estate disputes and transactions. Mr. Karic also provides general counsel services to several companies based in California, including early stage start up companies.
Mr. Karic has represented and currently represents a wide variety of clients in commercial transactions and litigation. He has negotiated and prepared numerous sale agreements, credit agreements and leases from the perspective of the seller, the buyer, the borrower, the lessor and the lessee. Mr. Karic's litigation experience ranges from simple collection matters to complex business, commercial, trade secret, construction, and real estate disputes. Mr. Karic has been involved in numerous start up ventures representing both the company as well as investors in all aspects of early stage ventures. Mr. Karic has provided Mediator services in a variety of business and construction disputes, including acting as a judge pro tem for both Santa Clara and San Mateo County Superior Court. Many of these disputes involved multiple parties and the resolution of numerous interdependent issues. Mr. Karic has been recognized as a leading attorney in the State of California when Lexis/Nexis named him a Super Lawyer, an award that less than 5% of the attorneys in the State garner.
- B.A., University of California, Davis
- J.D., University of California, Davis
- LL.M., Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Construction Law
- Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Emerging Companies and Start Up Law
Admitted to Practice
- Federal Northern District of California
- Board of Directors, International Angel Investors (1999-2000)
- Member, Association of Defense Counsel for Northern California and Nevada (1996-present)
- Board of Directors, Association of Defense Counsel for Northern California (2011)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Mountain View Los Altos Soccer Club (Non-Profit), Corporate Secretary (2013-present)
Super Lawyers, an affiliate of Thomson Reuters, named Sellar Hazard & Lucia partner Christopher K. Karic to its annual Northern California Super Lawyers 2015 list. Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves for their high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in their legal practices. Each year, no more than 5% of lawyers are honored as Super Lawyers. Annual selection is made through a statewide survey of lawyers, independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews within each practice area.