Pete K. Pritchard
All aspects of construction litigation representing developers, joint ventures and limited liability companies involving complex construction defect actions, SB800/Title 7 claims, mechanic’s liens, matters involving construction bonds, and insurance coverage disputes including bad faith matters. Mr. Pritchard is experienced in handling personal injury claims representing developers and crane operators involving work site injuries.
He is familiar with issues involving subdivisions and has litigated issues involving various disputes between developers and homeowners involving purchase and sales agreements and claims against construction lenders. Mr. Pritchard also has extensive knowledge of general real estate issues including nondisclosure actions involving the purchase of real property, landlord/tenant issues and property line disputes. He has experience in preparation, review and negotiation of construction documents, construction agreements, subcontracting agreements and lease agreements.
He has arbitrated over 200 matters, and tried several bench and jury trials. Mr. Pritchard has also advised numerous developers on risk management issues, including adequacy and scope of insurance coverage involving construction projects.
- B.A., University of California, Irvine
- J.D., Santa Clara University, School of Law
- Member: Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel.
- Admitted to the Bar 1990, California and U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Construction Defect Litigation
- SB800/Title 7 claims
- Mechanic’s liens
- Matters involving construction bonds
- Personal Injury Claims
- Insurance Defense